I don’t know about you, but I become slightly giddy when someone posts a request on social media for new book or podcast suggestions. YES! I immediately follow the thread and eagerly anticipate new titles to dig into.
In the spirit of the New Year, and my love of reading with book club friends and listening to podcasts as I walk the dog, here are 10 of my recent faves. I’m not saying these are my Top Ten Lists of All Time, just the latest and most interesting things I’ve come across (admittedly, I’m late to the party on some, I’m sure!)
Enjoy, but please, leave your favorites below in the comments or in my Instagram feed. I’m always looking for new stories to lose myself in!
10 Podcasts: What I’m Listening To Now
With literally thousands of podcasts to wade through, I’ve realized there are a few topics and formats I prefer. I gravitate toward interviews, whether they are entrepreneurs, celebrities, business leaders or all of the above. I also like travel (surprise) and crime investigation (no gore). I get a little bit of pop culture, news and faith inspiration, too.
- Armchair Expert with Dax Shepard
- Boss Files with Poppy Harlow
- The Dropout by ABC News’ Rebecca Jarvis
- Extra Pack of Peanuts by Travis Sherry
- How I Built This with Guy Raz
- Next Question with Katie Couric
- Pop Culture Happy Hour by NPR
- Second Life with Hillary Kerr
- Skimm This
- Your Move with Andy Stanley
10 Books: What I’m Still Pondering After the Last Page
I’m generally a fiction girl, but I love a good memoir or based-on-a-true-story historical fiction. I’m also into encouraging daily devotions or practical help books (usually about raising a child).
- The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
- City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert
- From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein
- Every Note Played by Lisa Genova
- Becoming Mrs. Lewis by Patti Henry
- Red Notice by Bill Browder
- Boy Mom by Monica Swanson
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
- Beholding and Becoming by Ruth Chou Simons
What are you reading and listening to? Let me know in the comments, on Instagram or however we usually connect!
5 thoughts on “20 Books and Podcasts for 2020”
The Dropout is so good!
I know! I was totally hooked. Unbelievable story!
Have you read the book “Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup” about Theranos? It was fantastic as well.
I haven’t! I’ll put it on my list. Thanks!
You are amazing!! I love and miss you guys sooo much. 💕❤️💕